The Madurai Kamaraj University is the State Government University, established in the year 1966, fully accredited by the Ministry of human Resource Development (MHRD) India & University Grants Commission (UGC) India. MKU is one of the oldest and prestigious Universities in India operating for more than 40 years.
Madurai Kamaraj University has 18 schools comprising 73 departments. The University has 109 affiliated colleges including 7 evening colleges.
The University with the status of “Potential for Excellence”.
Madurai Kamaraj University is conferred with the status of “Potential for Excellence” by the University Grants Commission (UGC), India. MKU is one among the 9 Universities in India with
this prestigious status.
“A Grade” State Government University
Madurai Kamaraj University has also been accredited “A Grade” by National Accreditation & Assessment Council (NAAC) India.
Programs offered :
- Graduate programs
- Post Graduate programs
- Professional programs
- Research Oriented programs
- Job Oriented programs
- Certificate, Diploma, Higher Diploma and PG Diploma programs.
Examinations and arrear papers
No examination fee will be charged. The course fee includes the examination fee and the cost of study materials. The Annual examinations are conducted during the month of June every year and for any failed papers the student has to attend the supplementary examinations usually conducted either by end of December or beginning of January every year. In addition to that they can attend the examinations for the failed papers during the month of June if they are not facing any clash with their regular examinations.
Documents needed/pre –requisites at the time of admission
- Passport copy (Original passport should be shown at the time of admission)
- 10 Passport Size photograph
- Copy of 10th and 12th certificate / O and A level certificate copies should be submitted for
- Graduate programs.
- Copy of Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate with Mark Sheets should be
- submitted for MBA and other PG programs.
- First installment of the course fee.